The 2020 Bermuda Tech Summit has revealed its line-up of industry experts and speakers, which is taking place online for the first time this year from October 14-16 as part of Bermuda Tech Week 2020.
A spokesperson said, “The 2020 Bermuda Tech Summit, taking place online for the first time this year from October 14-16 as part of Bermuda Tech Week, has revealed its line-up of industry experts and speakers.
“Bermuda’s Premier David Burt, JP, MP will open the summit with Chamath Palihapitiya, Founder and CEO of Social Capital, an organisation focused on advancing humanity by investing in entrepreneurs who seek to improve the lives of the people around them. The conversation will be moderated by Clifton Leaf, Editor-in-Chief of Fortune magazine, who is well-versed in global business trends and tech innovation. The Premier will also discuss the implications of global tech trends with Bittrex Global’s COO and CFO, Stephen Stonberg.
“2020 is a year of innovation for everyone, and I am eager to speak with business leaders about how their organisations have responded during this pandemic and creatively adapted to the changing business landscape,” Premier Burt said. “Bermuda has always been at the forefront of emerging business trends, and it is fitting that our island will be leading the conversation on digital transformation amidst a pivotal moment for businesses worldwide.”
“Under the theme of Digital Transformation, the summit will explore the ways businesses and industries are transforming as a result of technological disruption and the accelerated pace of change caused by COVID-19. Hosted by the Bermuda Business Development Agency and FinTech Bermuda, engaging panel discussions, case studies and in-depth conversations will take place from 10am to 3:30pm ADT each day.
Roland Andy Burrows, CEO of the Bermuda Business Development Agency, said: “We are thrilled to bring together a diverse group of innovative business leaders who can discuss their experiences, the ways they are using digital technologies to foster growth and development and their perspectives on what the future holds.”
“The speaker line-up includes:
- Tom Allason, Founder and CEO, Residently
- Steffan Antonas, Design Director, Carter-Edwards
- Henri Arslanian, Global Crypto Leader, PwC
- Philippe Bekhazi, CEO, Stablehouse
- Dr. Phil Budden, Senior Lecturer at MIT Sloan School of Management for Technology, Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Strategy; Board Member at Innovation Underwriters
- Michael J. Casey, Chief Content Officer, CoinDesk
- Lydia Dickens, Managing Director, Conci
- Chris Evans, Co-Founder of Flyt; tech investor
- J. Gdanski, CEO and Founder, Evertas
- Vinay Gupta, Founder and CEO, Mattereum
- Yusuf Hussain, Head of Risk, Gemini
- James Knox, Managing Director, Regional Telecommunications and Technology Practice Leader, Aon
- Natalie Neto, Partner, Walkers Bermuda
- Susan Pateras, COO, Liberty Specialty Markets; BDA board member
- Kim Perdikou, Board Director, CyberArk Software; Chair, REBBL; Chair, The @ company; Board Director, Trunomi
- Denis Pitcher, Chief Fintech Advisor to Bermuda’s Premier
- Jill Richmond, Co-Founder and Chief Revenue Officer, Jewel
- Sandra Ro, CEO, Global Blockchain Business Council
- Dan Roberts, Co-Founder and CEO, Nayms
- Brian Sewell, Founder, Rockwell Capital
- Abbie Sheppard, Chief of Staff to COO, Cameo
- David Shrier, Futurist and Associate Fellow, Saïd Business School, University of Oxford
- Charlie Sidoti, Executive Director, Innovation Underwriters
- Stan Stalnaker, Chief Strategy Officer and Founding Director, Hub Culture
- Craig Swan, Deputy CEO, Bermuda Monetary Authority
- Sheila Warren, Head of Blockchain, Data, and Digital Assets, World Economic Forum and Member of the Executive Committee
- Cynthia Hardy Young, Founder, Pivot Global Partners
“In addition to the summit Bermuda Tech Week 2020, scheduled October 12-16, will feature:
- Youth Pitch 2020, hosted by the Bermuda Economic Development Corporation on Monday, 12 October. This event gives young entrepreneurs an opportunity to pitch and win cash prizes, as well as a chance to compete in the Rocket Pitch competition finals.
- The Tech Education Summit, which takes place on Tuesday, 13 October, from 9am – 6pm. The theme is Inspiring Future Innovators, and one of the goals is to encourage Bermuda’s youth to engage in tech and learn about the many opportunities it affords them. The event will also provide workshops where community members of all ages can enhance their technological knowledge by interacting with local and international facilitators.
- The 2020 TechAwards, which will recognise the outstanding achievements being made by Bermuda residents and Bermuda-based organisations in four specific categories: International Market Innovation, Local Market Innovation, Most Innovative Youth Project, and Most Innovative Mobile Application on Friday, 16 October.
“For more information and to register for the 2020 Bermuda Tech Summit, click here.”
The full 2020 Virtual Bermuda Tech Summit agenda follows below [PDF here]: